What Does Tracking Mean?
Tracking allows you to send anime/chapters watched/read/manga episodes to encourage subscribers so you can track what watched/played and when.
Tracing is now supported in AniList, MyAnimeList, Shikimori, Bangumi and Kitsu.
Ensure to keep these pointers in mind before tracking
- Tracking needs to be done manually for each anime/manga.
- To mark an episode as watched and watch it, you need to watch the episode’s percentage (set in player settings). To mark and track a chapter as read, you must read the last page of the chapter.
- You can also set the episode/chapter manually by tapping the number and then entering the number. Orelse you can also do it by dragging the ticker up or down.
- If you go offline, the tracker will not sync the last text even after you come back online.
- Tracking is a one-way method. Updating your status in Aniyomi will update your tracker. However if you update your status in your tracker, it won’t update the Aniyomi.
Komga also supports unattended tracking. However, the process is a bit different than other trackers.
- There’s no need to log in to the tracker, it uses your Komga extension credentials.
- Tracking is fully automatic, so you don’t need to search and link all your manga manually. Tracking works only with Komga sources.
- Tracking is bi-directional and local chapters are marked as read.
- To mark and track a chapter as read, you must read the last page of the chapter. If you manually mark a chapter as read, the tracking will not change or update immediately.
- You can update the server-side tracker status by opening the sheet of the tracker.
- You can configure Aniyomi to track manga automatically as you add it to your library. To do that, tap on More and then open Settings. After that, click on Tracking and enable the option named Track silently when adding manga to the library.
Steps to Login into Trackers
- Open More and then tap on Settings.
- After that, go to Tracking to login.
- You need to click on the tracker which you will log in. It will make another browser open automatically to guide you through the entire login procedure..
Steps to set up tracking for each anime/manga?
- Type or press the manga/anime.
- Then click on the circling arrow icon.
- Hit the Add Tracking button to include the manga/anime to the tracker.
- In this way, you can also modify the search query (optional step).
Steps to Log in with Kitsu
Log in with Kitsu requires you to use your username and email address.
Why am I unable to find an anime/manga in MAL’s search results?
If you are unable to find the manga/anime you are looking for by its name, simply look for it on MAL. Then use the format given below to search it on Aniyomi –
id:<id from anime/manga URL>
To search any manga/anime on your MAL profile list, use the format mentioned below –
How do I see which anime/manga I have or have not tracked in my library?
- Open the Anime Library or the Manga library.
- Then click on the Filter option located at the top-right corner.
- After that, enable the Tracked option.
Note : if you are currently logged into multiple tracker, you must toggle the tracker which you like to exclude or include. Because you should be logged into only one tracker at a time.